What is Anger?
Anger is an intense expression of emotion. As Anger is a normal, healthy emotion. But it’s unhealthy when it flares up all the time or spirals out of control. It involves a strong uncomfortable and hostile response to a perceived provocation, hurt or threat. Anger can occur when a person feels their personal boundaries are being or are about to be violated.
How to manage anger?
Many people think that anger management is about learning to suppress your anger. But it’s not true. As In anger management the purpose is to understand the message for that emotion and train the mind to express that emotion in a healthy way.
Some useful tips
- Take Deep breaths – Studies shown that deep & slow breathing helps to release tension.
- Exercise – Do aerobics & yoga to keep fit your body & mind
- Counting numbers – start to count numbers from 1 to 10 or so on to release the stress.
- Massage – Relax your neck & scalp by massage.
- Humor – You can use humor or crack some jokes to release tension
- Say No to Ego – Try to stay away from ego.
- Sort out things – When cool down just take notebook & pen and start writing down the reasons of getting angry. Once you finish then start the same for solutions.